Core Support Package
The scheme gives schools and trusts a robust structure for NQT Induction, ensuring that induction tutors and mentors have a structured process with sufficient support to make judgments and give feedback, and that NQTs know clearly what is expected of them and how they are measuring up during their Induction Year. The school or academy are expected to make the decision whether the NQT meets the Induction Standards required and therefore passes their NQT year.
- The scheme is underpinned by an on-line recording and reporting system – NQT Manager. Schools and academies will submit termly reports using this system. The system will allow:
- NQTs to see what their tutor has written
- Tutors to see the records and previous assessments of the NQT assigned to them
- Induction Co-ordinators and Heads to see what the Induction Tutors are writing
- Secure online submission of assessments
- Quick and easy access to information such as when the next assessment is due
- Email reminders when assessments are due for completion
- Secure system so that all of your data is safe
- There is an advice line and dedicated email address for schools and academies requiring support.
- There is a technical support hotline and online helpdesk.
- There is a team of Quality Assurance Officers (QAOs), who will support schools and academies and their Induction Co-ordinators and Induction Tutors.
- QAOs will visit schools and academies as necessary for monitoring and support. 30% of schools will be visited routinely each year.
- Training for Induction Co-ordinators is provided as part of the scheme. We can offer bespoke training to MATs registered with NTA.
- A full range of supporting documentation is available on-line.
- A series of training videos is available on-line.
The Appropriate Body will have access to the necessary evidence to support the decision made by the participating school or academy. This places the decisions on performance where it should be – in the school or academy. It provides the structure and the support to ensure processes are high quality, clear and fair. We believe this meets our goal of ensuring NQTs are performing at the required level and avoid the situation in which NQTs of dubious quality are being passed via a weak and under-demanding process.